- Here's what Intel's new CEO must do to turn the company's fortunes aroundon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Pat Gelsinger has a massive task ahead of him when he takes over as Intel CEO next month.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook once gave President Trump a $5,999 Mac Proon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
In a new financial document released just hours after he left the White House, former President Donald Trump disclosed Apple CEO Tim Cook once gave him a $5,999 Mac Pro computer.
- Kuaishou, TikTok's rival in China, could be the biggest IPO since the pandemic beganon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
A short-form video app that competes with the Chinese version of TikTok is preparing for what is expected to be the world's largest initial public offering since the coronavirus pandemic began.
- SpaceX launches 143 satellites on one rocket in record-setting missionon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carried 143 satellites into orbit on a jam-packed rideshare mission Sunday, setting a new world record for the most satellites launched by a single rocket.
- Google Maps will soon display Covid-19 vaccination siteson January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Google Maps will soon display locations that offer Covid-19 vaccinations, further bolstering awareness of the virus — and how to avoid it.
- on January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Singapore's digital contact tracing program has raised concerns after the government admitted that data collected by it can be handed to police for criminal investigations. This is in contrast with previous assurances that the widely used, and in some places mandatory, technology would only be used to track Covid-19 infections. CNN's Kristie Lu Stout reports.
- Amazon is pushing for a milestone union vote to take place in person despite the pandemicon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Amazon is once again asking the National Labor Relations Board to direct thousands of the company's warehouse workers at an Alabama facility to cast votes in-person on whether to form a union, rather than by mail, despite the ongoing pandemic.
- Incoming CEO wants Intel to again be the 'unquestioned leader' in industryon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Intel investors and analysts got their first glimpse at incoming CEO Pat Gelsinger's vision for the company during its earnings call on Thursday.
- Alphabet is shutting down Loon, its ambitious internet balloon ventureon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Loon, a subsidiary of Google's parent company Alphabet, is winding down its operations.
- American Airlines has so much extra wine that it is starting a delivery serviceon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
- Twitter bets on crowdsourcing to help combat misinformationon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Twitter on Monday launched Birdwatch, an experiment that relies on the social network's users to provide context to tweets and to combat misinformation.
- Google threatens to shut down search in Australiaon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Google says it will shut down its search engine in Australia if a controversial bill designed to benefit the news media becomes law.
- on January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
- How wearable airbags could make motorbikes saferon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Balanced on two wheels without a protective shell, riding a motorbike is far more dangerous than driving a car -- but innovations in airbags could help keep motorcyclists safe.
- Instacart is cutting more than 1,800 jobs, including its only unionized workerson January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Last February, a group of Instacart employees who worked as in-store shoppers at a Mariano's grocery store in Skokie, Illinois, voted to unionize in a historic moment for the gig economy.
- Federal judge blocks Parler's bid to be restored on Amazon Web Serviceson January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
A federal judge has denied Parler's request for a court order blocking Amazon from kicking the social media app off its platform, marking yet another setback in Parler's efforts to get back online.
- Facebook's oversight board will decide whether Trump should be bannedon January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Donald Trump's future on Facebook and Instagram is now up in the air.
- Google agrees to pay French publishers for newson January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
Google will pay news publications in France for the use of their content online in a landmark agreement that could soon be replicated elsewhere in Europe under new copyright laws.
- China says it is a 'victim' after Twitter locks embassy accounton January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
China says that it is a "victim" of misinformation after Twitter restricted the account of the Chinese embassy in the United States.
- Apple issues new warning: Keep your iPhone six inches away from your pacemakeron January 26, 2021 at 12:00 am
An important heads-up for iPhone owners: Apple is warning customers that its smartphones could interfere with medical devices, including pacemakers.
- Governance: Companies mature in their use of AI know that it needs guardrailson January 25, 2021 at 9:04 pm
Quality governance ensures responsible data models and AI execution, as well as helps the data models stay true to the business objectives.
- Plan for the big game: Order your party staples online - CNETby David Klein on January 25, 2021 at 8:54 pm
There's even a Blue Apron meal kit bundle with everything you need to nail your football watch party.
- First responders must be better equipped for EV fires, feds say - Roadshowby Sean Szymkowski on January 25, 2021 at 8:51 pm
The NTSB laid out a handful of recommendations it hopes can better prepare first responders when dealing with electric vehicle fires.
- Amazon launches Alexa Guard Plus subscription service - CNETby David Priest on January 25, 2021 at 8:44 pm
The new service can play dogs barking when your smart speaker hears a break-in, along with other clever features.
- First dogs Champ and Major bound in to the Biden White House - CNETby Gael Fashingbauer Cooper on January 25, 2021 at 8:43 pm
Champ enjoys lazing in his dog bed by the fireplace, while the younger Major loves running on the South Lawn.
- Skull of dinosaur with hollow tube on its head found for first time in a century - CNETby Bonnie Burton on January 25, 2021 at 8:37 pm
The duck-billed dinosaur Parasuaruraorlophus is best known for the tube that grows out of its head, and the well-preserved skull offers more clues about the crest's evolution.
- Amazon removes militia groups from Smile charitable giving program - CNETby Laura Hautala on January 25, 2021 at 8:22 pm
Groups related to the Oath Keepers and the Three Percent are no longer eligible to receive a small portion of shoppers' payments.
- The best Presidents' Day sales 2021: early deals on mattresses, TVs, laptops, and moreon January 25, 2021 at 8:21 pm
The 2021 Presidents' Day sales event is almost here, and we've rounded up the best early deals on mattresses, TVs, laptops, and more.
- I just got my second COVID-19 vaccine dose. Now what? - CNETby Eric Mack on January 25, 2021 at 8:20 pm
The Pfizer shot offers protection from the worst of the virus, but it doesn't offer a return to normal life. Not yet, at least.
- 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander shows off ahead of February debut - Roadshowby Sean Szymkowski on January 25, 2021 at 8:16 pm
This will be the first totally new Mitsubishi in a very long time.
- Time to Walk is Apple’s latest Fitness Plus feature that breaks away from staring at a screenon January 25, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Go on a walk and listen to stories from celebrities.
- The most romantic gifts for your food-obsessed Valentine - CNETby David Klein on January 25, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Eat your heart out.
- Signed, sealed and safely delivered: The best Valentine's Day treats to order online - CNETby Chowhound Staff on January 25, 2021 at 7:54 pm
Find something special to satisfy every appetite.