- The perfect match? Both Bitcoin and DeFi push and pull crypto markets
- $45B DeFi market cap and soaring TVL suggest the best is yet to come
- Reserve Bank of India 'exploring the possibility' of a digital currency
- Rothschild Investment Corporation increases stake in GBTC as institutional adoption grows
- SEC vs. Kik Interactive: A status update on the Kin ecosystem and Kin tokens
- Anthony Scaramucci says holding Bitcoin as safe as owning bonds and gold
- All risk, no gain? The vague definition of stablecoins is causing problems
- Top 5 cryptocurrencies to watch this week: BTC, ETH, DOT, AAVE, SNX
- Massive inflow to cryptos as Nasdaq-listed firm buys $150 million worth of Bitcoinby BTC Peers on January 25, 2021 at 11:25 pm
- Ethereum will become the main asset for investors in 2021
- More Institutional Investors Are Buying Ether, Seeing It as a Store of Valueby Muyao Shen on January 25, 2021 at 10:09 pm
The ether rally appears to be more organic and driven from within the crypto industry.
- Hawaii to Let More Crypto Companies Join Regulatory Sandboxby Danny Nelson on January 25, 2021 at 9:58 pm
Hawaii's Digital Currency Innovation Lab is accepting a second round of applications through Feb. 26.
- Market Wrap: Bitcoin Hits $34.8K While Ether Volatility Skyrocketsby Daniel Cawrey on January 25, 2021 at 9:48 pm
A bullish bitcoin mentality appears to be forming in the options market while ether continues on its roller coaster.
- Bitcoin Donations to Navalny Surge After Russian Opposition Leader Is Jailedby Anna Baydakova on January 25, 2021 at 9:42 pm
Putin's opponent received 3.7 bitcoin in the last week, tripling the amount raised in the first two weeks of 2021.
- Harvard, Yale, Brown Endowments Have Been Buying Bitcoin for at Least a Year: Sourcesby Ian Allison on January 25, 2021 at 9:34 pm
University endowments that backed blockchain VCs in 2018 have started buying crypto directly from Coinbase.
- Substack Newsletters Are Being Used to Spread Crypto Scamsby Benjamin Powers on January 25, 2021 at 8:34 pm
Substack is being leveraged by scammers for its ease of use and reach.
- We Have Entered the Age of Anonymous Cryptoby Rachel-Rose O'Leary on January 25, 2021 at 8:22 pm
Spurred by an information crisis and compounding global unrest, privacy has entered public consciousness.
- 21 Bitcoin Block Rewards from 2010 Wake Up, $236M Worth of ‘Satoshi Era’ BTC Spent in 10 Monthsby Jamie Redman on January 25, 2021 at 8:01 pm
On Monday, January 25, 2021, at roughly 2 a.m. (EST), the notorious old school miner from 2010 has spent another consecutive 21 decade-old block rewards with 1,050 bitcoin. This is possibly the same mining entity our newsdesk has been tracking for months. The bitcoin from 2010 moved today follows the exact same pattern as all
- The Bitcoin Whales Won’t Stop Buyingby Nathaniel Whittemore on January 25, 2021 at 8:00 pm
According to a number of different data points, bitcoin whales saw last week’s volatility and price declines as a chance to accumulate.
- Large Bitcoin Options Positions May Boost Price Volatility This Weekby Omkar Godbole on January 25, 2021 at 7:33 pm
As long as these options remain open in the market, the next couple of days could be volatile for bitcoin.
- Gaming Company The9 Agrees to Buy 26,000 Bitcoin Mining Machinesby Zack Voell on January 25, 2021 at 6:44 pm
The company says a "majority" of the ASICs are already deployed.
- Bank of England Governor Insists Digital Payments (but Not Crypto) Are Sticking Aroundby Danny Nelson on January 25, 2021 at 6:33 pm
BoE Governor Andrew Bailey said cryptocurrencies "as originally formulated" are not the ideal form of digital currency.
- ZelaaPayAE: UAE Will Now Have a Crypto Debit Cardby Bitcoin.com PR on January 25, 2021 at 6:00 pm
PRESS RELEASE. ZelaaPayAE, with a vision to build and improve the financial structure, introduces a Crypto Debit Card with the ability to be swiped not just in UAE but also globally. Partnering with Baanx, ZelaaPayAE is providing Mastercard enabled Debit Card featuring personalized cards with a low monthly fee and extreme accountability. What makes it
- Bitcoin vs Ethereum: Third week of January 2021by Konstantin Anissimov on January 25, 2021 at 5:40 pm
Both Bitcoin and Ethereum have started the new year by hitting new all-time highs… The post Bitcoin vs Ethereum: Third week of January 2021 appeared first on Coin Journal.
- DDoS Attackers Return With Massive Extortion Campaigns in the Wake of Bitcoin Prices Surgingby Felipe Erazo on January 25, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Threat actors have been finding opportunities in bitcoin’s bullish trend to increase their extortion campaigns. Hackers are actively threatening companies with DDoS attacks unless they pay for bitcoin ransoms. Bull Run Prices Push Extortionists to Increase Bitcoin Ransom Demands According to an alert issued by security firm Radware, there have been several reports between December
- The Future of Money in the Multiverseby Marcelo M. Prates on January 25, 2021 at 5:23 pm
It's 2028 and central banks, Big Tech companies and the "deplatformed" are establishing their own worlds of digital money.
- Blockchain Bites: ETH Pumps, Coins Leave Exchangesby Daniel Kuhn on January 25, 2021 at 5:20 pm
With ether whales and small holders rising, some analysts are speculating about a potential ETH supply crunch.
- Vietnam’s Oldest Bitcoin Exchange Adds Support for Lightning Networkby Colin Harper on January 25, 2021 at 5:06 pm
With VBT's integration, the Lightning Network now has support from half a dozen Bitcoin exchanges.
- Bitcoin News Roundup for Jan. 25, 2021by Adam B. Levine on January 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm
With bitcoin bouncing and ether hitting a new all-time high, CoinDesk’s Market’s Daily is back with the latest news roundup.
- CFTC Attorney Who Let Regulators Trade Crypto Joins Private Law Firmby Nikhilesh De on January 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Daniel Davis oversaw the CFTC’s legal division, including administrative actions.
- USDT Transactions on Tron Surpassed Ethereum Tether Transactions Every Day in 2021by Jamie Redman on January 25, 2021 at 3:30 pm
During the last two months, tether transactions have spiked considerably. More recently, however, USDT transactions on the Tron network have outpaced the number of tether transfers on the Ethereum blockchain. Despite a whole lot more ERC20-based tethers in the wild, the minted stablecoin using the TRC20 standard has seen a much larger transaction count all
- Grayscale Donating up to $2M to Crypto Advocacy Group Coin Centerby Tanzeel Akhtar on January 25, 2021 at 2:48 pm
A web page has been set up for the donation matching campaign that runs through February.
- New Regulators in Town: What’s Next for Crypto in DCby Anna Baydakova on January 25, 2021 at 2:26 pm
In this episode, Anna Baydakova, Tanzeel Akhtar and Nik De discuss to expect from U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration regarding crypto, how QuadrigaCX users are doing and trying to predict the future for Ripple.